My Playlist


Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trip to Utah

Me and the kids took a quick trip to Utah in the end of June. I drove all by myself and although I made it, I am not looking to do it again any time soon. It was fun to see everyone and the kids had a great time with all the cousins! Collin of course uses their names when he talks about them, but Isabelle just calls them 'cousins' and she is always calling them on her phone and saying 'hi cousins.' All 17 grandchildren were together which was wonderful especially because the scattering of the tribes of Collins has really begun. Luckily some of the scattering happened to a closer location to me.


Emmy got married!!! I had a great day and it made the long drive worth it!! She was a beautiful, beautiful bride and the whole day just said "Emmy" in the best possible way. I love that girl and I hope that it's not another 8 years before I see her again. Cam and his family are moving into her ward so there will be more connection and hopefully more contact!
The last night of the trip the kids were soooooo tired. They actually fell asleep in the same bed and I couldn't resist snapping a picture. I guess after 4 days of all party and no naps they could finally lay in the same bed and sleep instead of play. It was a great (but short) trip and the kids still talk about how much fun it was (Isabelle always says Utah with a smile)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Merci! I love your blog! It's a great picture of the kids. Meri asks almost everyday since the visit if Collin and Lizzy and Liza are going to live in their 'old' houses. And she gets sad everytime I have to explain it all over again.

I also started a blog, nothing fancy yet, but take a look if you want to. meganoliphant.blogspot.com, if you're interested.

Love ya!
Meg

Lark said...

Oh I have been waiting for some pictures! You and Emmy look so beautiful. I'm sorry I missed it - it would have been great to spend that day with you.